[VAC] Inner end cap repair

The rear curved inner end cap or inside shell on my '76 Tradewind has several
large cracks ( 6 to 12 inches each). It is made of some kind of beige plastic
( not fiberglass), about 1/4" thick. It would be very difficult to remove
because I have a rear 3/4 bath (in otherwise very good condition) which would
have to be removed first, a task I am unwilling to undertake.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a repair? Please bear in mind that the cracks
have opened a bit so the edges have a small gap making glueing difficult.
Specifically, I can't figure out how to get the edges of the crack to abut after
I coat them with glue.
Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Marvin Murray