[VAC] Double pounds ##

Hi Airstreamers,

Each campground we visited this month has had a modem connection. Some RV
Parks had the tried and true phone jack in the wall beside a small table in
the recreation hall or other general space, but there were variations.

A variation new to me is the pay phone (Sprint) with a phone jack built into
the big black box.  That's how it is on the Lodge porch here at Colby Woods
RV Park in Silver Springs, Florida.

After sitting down on the metal fold up chair, putting my laptop on the
table beside the phone, connecting my phone cord from my laptop to the jack
on the pay phone housing, I  tried  to access my ISP.

Not succeeding, I asked for help. The answer was to lift the phone receiver,
press the pound sign twice, let the phone receiver dangle on its cord, face
my Mac iBook's screen and press the "connect" button. That's what I did.
Voila` -  I was on line ready to send and receive email.  Piece of cake.

Terry
mailto:tylerbears@airstream.net