[VAC] More 12v lighting stuff

         I don't know if everyone has seen these, but I was doing a search
for 12 florescent replacement ballasts and I found this:
http://www.solar-electric.com/sol12voldcli.html
An integrated 12 volt ballast/bulb (compact florescent) which screws in to
a standard (household  type- medium edison) light socket. The bulb is 11
watts, which is rated as giving as much light as a 50 watt 120 volt bulb,
but it draws 982 milliamps @ 12 vdc.

         Might be nice for a table lamp- or to give a larger range of light
fixtures.

(BTW- I noticed that this company- Northern Az. wind & Sun has the best 12
volt lighting prices I have seen).

________

         Chris Bryant