[VAC] Re: catalytic heaters

I'd like to believe this, but I've developed a headache many times from gas
lanterns and cat heaters running on white gas, headaches from propane cat
heaters, etc.  All supposedly emitting carbon dioxide and water.  Then, I
doubt that these units are absolutely 100 percent efficient - just what I
think as few things are perfect.

Think there should be some attention paid to the purity of the fuels
involved.  I doubt that propane or white gas are pure hydrocarbon fuels.  IF
these fuels are not pure, it's reasonable that there are sulfur compounds,
either liquid or gas, that will produce undesired vapors in the air.  My
headaches can't be totally associated with carbon dioxide!

Then, my mind does strange things:

(reprinted without permission)

I have recently been diagnosed with AAADD....that's Age Activated Attention
Deficit Disorder.

This is how it goes...I decide to change the oil in the car, start to the
garage and notice the mail on the table. OK, I'm going to work on the
car....

BUT FIRST I'm going to go through the mail. So, I lay the car keys down on
the desk. After discarding the junk mail, I notice the waste can is full.
OK,  I'll just put the bills on the desk ....

BUT FIRST I'll take the trash out to the trash can, but since I'm going to
be near the mailbox, I'll address a few bills....yes, now where is the
checkbook? Oops....there's only one check left. Where did I put the extra
checks? Oh, there is my empty cup from last night on the desk. I'm going to
look for those checks....

BUT FIRST I need to put the cup back in the kitchen. I head for the kitchen,
look out the window, notice the flowers need a drink of water, I put the cup
on the counter and there's my extra pair of glasses on the kitchen counter.

What are they doing here? I'll just put them away....

BUT FIRST, I need to water those flowers. I head for the door and....Aaaagh!
Someone left the TV remote in the wrong spot. OK, I'll put the remote away
and water the flowers....

BUT FIRST, I need to find those checks....

BY THE END OF THE DAY: The oil in the car has not been changed, the bills
are still unpaid, the cup is still in the sink, the checkbook still has only
one check left, I've LOST my car keys....and, when I try to figure out how
come nothing got done today, I'm baffled because....

I KNOW I WAS BUSY ALL DAY!!

I realize this condition is serious....I'd get help....

BUT FIRST I think I'll check my e-mail.

By the way, the doctor told me that this disease is highly contagious and
that it can be transmitted by e-mail. So if you want to avoid AAADD, don't
read this e-mail. (I meant to put this warning at the beginning of the
message but I got distracted....Sorry....!)

                                          :) '69 Safari, Joy