[VAC] Re: CPVC Pipe in a Compressed Air Line

Lincoln,
 FWIW: My compressed air lines are in the walls, behind 3/4" T&G wood
that I used for paneling. Terminations are 1/4" galvanized pipe nipples,
welded to an angle iron bracket to keep any strain from the CPVC. The
pipe goes through the wall, so the CPVC is entirely shielded. The only
place the CPVC is exposed is up in the mow area above the shop.

Exposed lines added later are all 3/4" black iron pipe, but I didn't
have a pipe machine in 1968 like I have now.

I didn't say that I recommended it for everyone (or ANYONE for that
matter), but was simply telling you how I use it and how it's held up
over the 33 years that it's been in use.

I've also used CPVC for water plumbing, both in the shop (1968) and the
house (1971) and it's worked well. Freeze-ups have occurred, and it's
not a sure bet that splitting will result. One line froze numerous times
without damage, but another area had an elbow split open.

                                      <<Jim>>