[VAC] More Clearance Light Questions

After looking more closely at the clearance lights, I have a couple of
other questions.

Both the old ones and the new ones have holes in the edges of the base
that would seem to allow water to go in and out.  They don't seem to be
sealed, is this OK?

The old ones have a piece of felt paper placed between the light base
and the aluminum skin.  Is this necessary?  What does it do?

I guess I should use a dab of Vulkem to seal the hole in the skin that
the wire goes through, right?  Should I also use a dab on the screws
that hold the base in place?

Lincoln Soule
1977 Tradewind