[VAC] Winterizing

We're winterizing our 1970 Safari single axle rear bath. We've gotten some help from the list and are referring to our owners manual and also to a service manual for  1972. We have some questions about things that conflict.
Water Supply System:
I assume that what we have is a demand system.
First, It says in our owners manual that there are 3 valves to open under the galley sink. We find two but not the water tank drain valve that is supposed to be under the floor. Is it a white plastic device imbedded in the wall of the tank with a tube through the floor? How do you open it?
Also, I notice that all the instructions say first to turn the water pump switch to off (after opening faucets). I have an almost full water tank and if I turn the pump on it drains the tank (this is with the 2 valves under the sink in the open position). Is this a good way to drain the tank? Will it hurt the pump?
Where do you get the "Hansen Valve" (also called blow out plug) to connect a compressor to the water inlet hose? What CFM capacity air compressor is needed to blow out the water lines? I have a small 3 gallon 2 to 4 CFM compressor. Will this do? Some say to open all the faucets to do this and others say one at a time. Which is correct?
The instructions in the manuals don't mention pumping antifreeze throughout the water supply system. They say to expel water from the lines and fixtures and Water Heater with air pressure and then hand turn the disconnected water pump to clear it. Some helpful people have said to pump the system full of antifreeze. Which method is preferred?
P.S. My water pump looks like it was added (It isn't even mounted, just laying on its side) and doesn't have a belt to hand turn. Would it hurt to use the switch for a moment to clear it of water after disconnecting the inlet and outlet?
Instructions mention operating the toilet flushing valve. I assume this is the foot pedal? I don't get any water movement from doing this or from the shower head or toilet bowl hand spray.
The consensus seems to be to NOT put any antifreeze in the fresh water tank. Just drain as completely as possible.
Drainage System:
I've got some purple stuff (its actually called "Purple Stuff") the last owner used for the black water tank. It's a degreaser. Should I just leave the tank empty for the winter or use some of this or is there something else that should be used to overwinter?
There are some differences in what to do for traps. The 1972 service manual says not to use RV antifreeze but to put a cup of kerosene into the lavatory, sink and shower or tub drain traps. The owners manual for our 1970 Safari say to USE antifreeze in these same traps! Which is correct?

Confused in Detroit,

Bill and Julie

WBCCI #5129..........Wow! Just joined. What a nice bunch of people with overactive "friendliness" genes.

Bill Czygan AA8MF
billczygan@aol.com