[VAC] F350 Xmission Problems

Several on the list wanted to know the outcome of my trip to the Ford dealer
in ref. to my transmission overheating.

Well it turned out better than I had expected. The tech. took it in and
looked it over and advised the fluid was alittle burned and had a slight
slip in reverse. He did nothing further till he read all the TSB's
(Technical Service Bulletins) on my unit. Again, I have a 99 F350 Ford Power
Stroke 4WD CrewCab.

 After some time, I was called back by the service manager and she explained
there were several TSB's in ref. to my problem. She advised several repairs
had to be made and the parts needed to be ordered. She stated I needed a new
larger radiator, larger transmission lines, new cooler ( she was not sure if
the new cooler is bigger) and various other items that involved the
transmission.

The service manager advised all the repairs would be made under warranty, no
charge.

Boy am I a happy fellow,

Terry Jones
WBCCI #8555, VAC