[VAC] Re: plumbing vent

I have found out the hard way what an insufficient vent to the black tank
will do. Believe me, you want to leave the black vent alone! Due to changes
in design over the years and several repair jobs by several different people
my black tank is now vented by a garden hose. It runs the same route that
the original did, so it looks OK, but it is barely functional. When hooked
up to sewer there is no problem, but when using the black tank the vent is
so small that pressure builds up during a flush. When you flush a spray of
"stuff" comes BACK UP AT YOU!! The only way around this is to flush VERY,
VERY slowly. I highly suggest that people to not alter the venting to their
tanks unless there is no other alternative.

What diameter PVC is normally used to vent the tanks in Airstreams?

Scott,
looking for a way to re-vent my tank