[VAC] Re: plumbing vent & Vent Pipes

One word.  Stink-o-rama!
If you ever have been on the roof of your Airstream, you know what I mean.

DH wrote:
> On my 67 GT there are (3) 1 1/2" vent pipes going through the roof.  I am
> considering eliminating these vents, patching over the holes and replacing
> them with an (in-line diaphragm type vent) commonly used in residential
> remodeling jobs.  Has anyone tried this with success?  Thanks for any feed
> back.  Dave H
---
There should only be a 1/16" gap between the PVC pipe and the ID of the
roof casting.  If more, then someone has installed too small a PVC pipe.
 Vulkem fills the gap in the outside casting, with silicone caulk going
on the inner skin cut-out gap.