[VAC] Filtered 12 volts???

OK all you 12 volt hi techies.  I have a univolt question.

I'm installing a new American Standard RV super high recovery
6 gallon gas, electric, direct spark ignition water heater
in my 64 Tradewind..

The 120v part is straight forward.

The 12 volt part in the book says " connect to the battery
directly or to "filtered" 12VDC from the converter."

My question is  - Is the 12 volts from the univolt
(which runs super quiet and dependably)
filtered?  If not can it be and what needs to be done?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Blair

PS install is so easy.  Only stumbling block is this "filtered" question???