[VAC] Brake Damage

Hello to all,
I just want to relay something that happened on a trip I took in my 31' AS travel Trailer.
I had to go through several inches of snow and it seems the snow ripped out three of four of my brake wires at the wheel.
This left only one wheel of course braking and it really had a strain on it.
There wasn't much left in the hub.
It seems that a previous magnet job had been done and the mechanic had used wire nuts to connect the magnet wires to the original wires on the trailer. These wire nuts were left just a little low.
The snow caught them.
I have spent the last two days updating my brakes to a more modern design. The old round magnets in my '72 seem to be getting hard to get so I went with larger oval magnets of a more recent vintage.
I noticed a slight bow in the rear axle tube when I got the wheels off.
When you jack up a dual axle trailer and place a long floor jack in the middle of one axle you are putting several tons on that axle. Not good.
It puts the tube closer to your gas lines that run under your trailer. Mine suffered no damage but you can't be too careful with propane.
Make sure a floor jack goes nearer the ends of the axle tube when necessary.
Just make sure if you have to brave snow to check and make sure your brake wires aren't too low. The factory really should have routed the wires over the axle and not under it.
All is well with mine now. Two days of work and $380 for parts later.
Take care all,
Mike Kent
Tuscumbia,AL