[VAC] Curtains

Lisa,

The curtains have a SINGLE pleat at the top AND bottom.  There is no pinch
and tacking in the middle of the pleat.  The effect is a "T" cross section
if you were looking down from the top. The top of the T would be the span
(width) of the drape and the stem of the T would be the double thick fabric
of the pleat.  the vertical stitching to make the pleat would be at the
intersection of the stem of the T and the top.  The depth of the pleat is
approximately one inch.

The whole idea is to give the look of a pleated drapery without the bulk of
an old fashioned (traditional) pinch pleat which used a panel approximately
double the spanned width of the finished drape.

Your best bet would be to get hold of an old drape.  Also, you will probably
have to replace the elastic which is used to attach the slide to the drape
at both the top and the bottom.

James Ambruso does a really fine job making replacement drapes and includes
a Millium like(aluminum insulated, sun resistant) lining and new hardware
and elastic.  In my opinion, you should seriously consider buying the
finished product.

My wife has made many drapes for our home, and uses an industrial sewing
machine.  For our Airstream drapes, we are going to have Mr. Ambruso do the
work, and use the time for some other activities.

Good luck in whatever route you decide to take.

Oliver Filippi
'76 Tradewind