[VAC] Re: Boondocking and Airstreams

Jack,
 The longest we've stayed in one place while boondocking was 3 weeks.
Here's what we do:

We have a 25 gallon sprayer tank that I bought from Northern Tools, and
a tiny 2GPM pump from Micro Mark, along with 20" or so of Tygon tubing.
I connect it to a pigtail from the electric tongue jack for power when
transferring the contents to the FW tank in the trailer. If we're
working, we each shower every day, and have found that we must refill
every other day. (10-15 gallons/day of usage, depending...)

We've always been able to run the grey water on the ground when
boondocking, so that's not a worry.

Our BW tank will easily go a week, probably could make 2 if necessary.
While camped this Summer, we drained it into our blue tank, put it into
the P/U, and hauled it to the local KOA, where they charged an
exhorbitant $10.00 to dump. No, it isn't fun, and yes, it can even be a
bit messy, but it DOES wash off.

There are a pair of 75-watt solar panels on the top of the trailer, and
we've never wanted for power. Several of the light fixtures were either
changed to flourescents or had the bulbs swapped for lower-wattage ones.
Our TV is tiny, and we're otherwise careful. HOWEVER: We don't sit in
the dark or use candles. Both of us like to read, my wife does
needlework, we run the fan in the bathroom, and occassionaly use the
furnace. Even a couple of days w/o sunlight isn't a problem, and we have
only 2 Group 24 batteries, just 160 AH of storage. Our calculated usage
is about 20 AH/Day, and the eMeter confirms that number.

We could have stayed in that one place all Summer using the above
procedures.

                               <<Jim>>