[VAC] Boondocking and Airstreams

I am the kind of person who will go "off road" and stay in one location for
a few weeks at a time.  I have a interest in botany and geology and want
some time to study plants and animals in different areas...

I know I will retrofit a Airstream with solar, and more and different
batteries.  I have not thought though the water holding ability of
Airstreams before. It sound like:

1) The fresh water holding tank is not very large

2) the gray and black holding tanks are not very large

Any boondocking Airstream folks on this list?  Are Airstreams hard/easy to
retrofit with better water handling capabilities?  Perhaps they do well as
they are?  Any tips?

jack in Oregon