[VAC] Re: Lightning

 >I think in either case the trailer shell will carry most of the
 >lightning current and protect the occupants as if they were in an all
 >metal car. Touching the interior metal surfaces at the time of a
 >lightning string might cause some energy to be passed through the body.
 >Lightning currents can be very large and the body is very sensitive so
 >isolation is best. E.g. don't touch the shell when lightning hits.

         I actually have a customer who was in his Airstream when it was
struck by lightning. He was unhurt, but (understandably) shook up. It did
melt the skin on one side of the trailer, and pretty well wracked the frame.

         A funny aside- he was lying on the couch reading the Bible at the
time ;)

________

         Chris Bryant