[VAC] Rv Parks

I am making some plans to be in Dallas, TX for a couple of weeks at the end
of Oct, and almost did not get in to the Treetops RV Village in Arlington,
TX. They have an age limit on trailers of no more than 15 years. My 25 year
old vintage A/S did not qualify. I had to talk with the manager of the park
before I could get a reservation. I had to assure him that my trailer was in
top shape and that it would look as good or better than most newer rigs.

With the newer resort type parks, and this one is a highly rated park, I
understand that they are screening the people and rigs they let in. What can
we do as a group, possibly through the WBCCI and the VAC to educate RV park
management that  an Airstream, no matter its age, is "not" just some other
SOB. I think this situation may get worse as time goes by and we may find
ourselves not being able to get in to higher end parks.

Don Hardman
1976 31' International Sovereign