[VAC] Re: '59 Overlander

The only object I can think of is to be able to run 12 volt stuff
without a battery in the trailer by running it from the tow vehicle
battery. That would be needed because the charging line when properly
wired in the tow vehicle is only live when the engine is running. That's
to keep the trailer loads from running down the vehicle starting battery
and stranding the travelers. Running a 12 volt wire from the trailer
separately could defeat that protection and allow one to run down the
vehicle starting battery. Which seems to me to be a poor idea. Worse the
starting battery isn't made for such exercise (slow deep discharges) and
will tend to have a short life before complete failure.

It will work, for a while.

Gerald J.