[VAC] Re: Seek Veritas propane lamp parts

Fred,

--You might try this URL: http://www.dapllc.com/

Check out the online antique lamps auction, and the Guild of Lamp
Researchers page--I think they may have a discussion list, and something
might pop up there.   Or put a want ad in their classifieds.   You could
suddenly find yourself learning more than you ever wanted to know about
Veritas gas lamps.

--One of the folks at Lehman's  (www.lehmans.com)  is an expert on Humphrey
gas lamps, and he may know something about Veritas, and whether any of the
parts they sell might be interchangeable.  I believe the ceramic piece you
mention is actually called a "burner nose."

--You might also check the list server at your ISP for affinity groups.  If
you don't have access to a usenet server, most lists are accessible from the
Google search page on the web, with a key word search.

--You might find a generic replacement glass chimney that works at a
hardware store where they sell kerosene lamps.

Good Luck!

Don