[VAC] Winterizing -bypass valves

Jim: Actually I did use a bypass valve for the water heater. I kept
looking for the leak but there was none. I couldn't believe the 13
gallons either, but it all went into the water system, sans heater.
Speaking of those after market water heater bypass valves, mine
subsequently failed when I was away for an afternoon. That was a big
lesson to turn off the water supply when away from the trailer. A turn
valve blew straight out allowing full force shore water to fill the
lower back end of the Overlander. Careful inspection of the valve
indicated the machining was poorly done causing the ring snap to pop
out. I've since removed the bypass system and resort to the original
plumbing. That's why I now blow out the system which I believe is the
most cost effective method. Plus, I don't have to flush out the
antifreeze in the Spring.
Randy Unter
'66 Overlander