[VAC] Re: Which Hitch?

Jack

I have used both an E-Z-Lift weight distribution setup with two friction type sway brakes and a Reese Dual Cam setup. Both work fine, but I like the Reese Dual Cam better. The biggest difference is less stuff to hook up. With the E-Z-Lift and two sway brakes you will have three or four (depending on # of sway brakes) things to install after you hook up the tow vehicle to the trailer, two weight distribution bars and the sway brake/brakes. With the Reese Dual Cam, all you'll have to connect after hooking up the tow vehicle to trailer are the two distribution bars. Of course the initial set up for the Reese requires you to pull the trailer forward to check the setting of the cams, but once that's done you want have to do it again. As for towing differences, the only thing I notice is with the E-Z-Lift I may have to stop a few times to get the sway brakes adjusted.
There is a site that describes the benefit (pros/cons) of hitches, but I think it centers mainly on the Hensley and Pull-Rite. But I like you have mentioned find them rather expensive. You will find these more affordable than the Hensley or Pull-Rite.
Another suggestion would be to go to a campground nearby and talk with people that are using different setups and look at what they use.

My two cents
Bobby
'66 Ambassador (in work)
'73 Ambassador