[VAC] Re: A question about springs

The older leaf springs had shocks, at least as far back as as I know of,
the Dura-Torque's always did.  1961 was supposedly the first Dura-Torque
year - I wonder if they kept the leaf springs that year, and stuck em on
real low like that, and then realized that they would get ripped off.  I
don't see how they would have ever made it on a Caravan.

I did some research through all my files & photo's - I was wrong -  I
guess only the old HADCO axle was square with the shock mounted outside,
the Hayes were round, and had the shock on the inside. Attached is a
photo of a '57 Hayes axle.  Digests can see it at http://members.home.net/dial/axle2.jpg

RJ

JPEG image