[VAC] Re: Plasticoat

Randy:

     I haven't tried it myself, and people tell me that it's not a good and permanent fix.  Still, Airstream sells spray cans of some kind of acrylic for patching small defects in the clearcoat.  It probably *is*a good idea to clean and spray such areas while awaiting a chance to have the whole panel re-clearcoated, since exposure to the air - even for a couple of months - will cause a slight discoloration that, if not polished off before re-clearcoating, will be visible after clearcoating is done.

- Dick
(5368)