[VAC] Re: Question on cleaning drapes

Dry Clean.

I have just ordered (but not received) new drapes for the unit I am
restoring. There were a complete set of drapes with the unit when I got
it. These drapes had been laundered by the previous owner. I found them
stuck in one of the overhead bins.

Laundering the original drapes caused them to shrink. The drapes have
shrunk so much that they will not fit on the rails. I tried to stretch
the elastic to make the old drapes fit. But there just was not enough
elastic to make the drapes fit. (Now I know why the previous owner
didn't put the drapes back up.)