[VAC] airstream coverings

Hi folks, have very much enjoyed the various topics of discussion lately.
Recently I took a train trip down the east coast from Boston south. I
noticed many boats dry-docked with various kinds of tarps over them. However
one type of covering caught my eye...it seemed to be like shrink wrap
plastic only quite thick, maybe cream colored or even blue I don't really
remember the color.  Anyway I'm curious if it may be an option to cover the
A/S for the winter?  I appreciate anyone's input. Thankyou.

GAS
66 Overlander