[VAC] Cart before the Horse

I would love input from anyone who can help us. We have purchased the
trailer and now are looking to purchase the tow vehicle. As you can probably
imagine every car dealer we have spoken to says their car/SUV can do the
job. We are currently looking at a Ford Explorer 1999, it has a 4.0 liter 6
cylinder engine. We will be pulling a 1970 23 ft Safari which according to
the title weighs in at 3800 lbs.

Anyone out there think this is a good combination? Anyone out there using a
Ford Explorer? I realize that the tow equipment is also part of the formula
and we are investigating those as well. All opinions are welcome.

Thanks, you are all great!

Margie and John
1970 23' Safari
Michigan