[VAC] Advice needed replacing skin

I'd like to remove a damages skin from my Airstream. I'm looking for some advice from those folks who have attempted it. The only thing I know for sure is that I have ample energy and enthusiasm. I'd really appreciate some sage advice, either positive or negative about the project.

I have a bunch of questions.

1. What gauge aluminum should I purchase?

2. What type of rivet should be used? (length, size, etc.)

3. What is the best tool to cut the stock? What other tools do I need?

4. What is the best procedure for removing the old rivets?

5. Am I crazy to undertake this?

I plan to become a member of the VAC which would allow me to access the archives. Is there more material on replacing damaged panels in the archives?

Thanks in advance