[VAC] Re: 1965 Black tank

Jodi & John,

I don't think you'll find it repairable on a long-term basis.  Knowledgeable
folks seem to agree that nothing will stick reliably to the polyethylene
that the tanks are molded of.  I have heard of but not tried new products
which their manufacturers "claim" will adhere to poly but I'm skeptical.
Maybe Dr. Jerald will comment in whether he thinks adhesives will adhere to
poly.  I just forwarded to the list a crude sketch of the original tank from
my '66 and can offer some suggestions as to finding adapting, and installing
a generic replacement.

Harvey