[VAC] Re: Solution to 12 volt fuse problem

Gerald, thanks for the information on the fuses, which confirms what I had
been told on my fuse search.  I asked what could happen if I used the 30
rating instead of the 40, and was told as long as the fuse sat firmly in the
clips, it would not overheat and cause a fire, and would just fail as it is
supposed to do if overloaded.  The service man at first was concerned that
the AGCs weren't going to fit tightly in the clips and that they would rattle
around, but this is not the case. Since my usage of power tends to be very
light, I probably won't have any problems.  I am amazed that the old fuse
lasted as long as it did.  The lighting circuit fuse came apart on one end
and the fan fuse had no visible problem, but didn't work.  I have had the
trailer since 1985 so that was 16 years on the one fuse - pretty amazing.

Just Plain Polly
1964 Globe Trotter
Colorado
WBCCI 7113