[VAC] Re: Black clippy things

I just wanted to add to what Tim and Richard said.  I
only have two clips on my front rock guard, but I had to
remove one of those "clippy things" when I replaced the
front lower corner panel that had a hole poked in it.

I just bit the bullet and pried it apart with a flat
screwdriver, hoping it wouldn't break.  It didn't, and I
found that it was mounted with two screws that use a
square headed screw driver. Fortunately I have one (with
various sizes) and I was able to remove it.  The
toughest part was reinstalling it.  After mounting the
base, you have to slip the spring back in the slot and
compress it before you can snap the top back on.  It
worked after about three tries.

The rock guard just slides in the bracket along the top
of the window, plus the braces on either side that are
screwed to the window frame.