[VAC] Baby Moon Hubcaps

www.coker.com
They sell vintage style tires, mostly, but under 'get rolling', then 'view
our products', then under 'vintage wheel accessories', you'll find a large
selection of hubcaps and trim rings... they also have a large selection of
vintage style wheels in a variety of bolt-patterns and finishes ('bare' or
chrome). 'American Racing' also makes a variety of vintage style wheels and
accessories, but they're all chrome plated. I've also seen baby moons sold
individually at Kragen, Grand Auto, and other auto chain-stores...

In putting together the wheels/tires for my ongoing renovation vintage rig
('49 Jeepster, '48 Trailwind), I opted for using the same wheels and tires
all the way around - which posed some challenges since the backset on the
three axles (2 on the Jeepster, 1 on the Airstream) are/were all different,
and the bolt-pattern on the standard A/S wheels is different as well. When
ordering the new Henschen axle for the Trailwind, i was able to specify
(among other things) the wheel's bolt-pattern to match that of the
Jeepster's new axles/wheels.

The tire i'm using is a wide (4") whitewall/L78-15 Coker Classic. This is a
4-ply polyester tire, probably not suitable for the heavier, later model
A/S's, but perfect for this rig. Load capacity is 1,970lbs at 32psi. The
Trailwind's dry weight (before renovation) was around 1400 lbs. When
complete,  with a new aluminum ladder-frame and lightweight sub-floor, i'm
holding the dry weight under 1500 lbs... even with the addition of a genset
and floor-mounted a/c... not a small accomplishment, but made possible
through the use of modern construction materials, and by 'hanging' the
freshwater, greywater, and a small blackwater system between the frame
members, distributing the weight by using large diameter abs or pvc pipe at
the ends of the plumbing circuits, rather than conventional 'tanks'...

Tuna
WBCCI#8862/VAC
Reno, NV