[VAC] Re: verage Age of Airstream Enthusiast

Title: RE:Average Age of Airstream Enthusiast [VAC]

Hello all,
I purchased my 1966 Globetrotter in Nov of 2000.  I found it on the side of the road while looking at a 26' Safari that was listed for sale. The Globetrotter was not for sale at the time, but I made an offer to the owner and got a good deal. I learned that the previous owner lived to be 100 years old before passing away. I am not a 100 years old but I am the same age as my trailer, 35 years old. I am glad I found a 1966 for that reason alone.  I couldn't be more happier with the restoration. As I went through the trailer, I have been amazed that everything is original and everything works great. The trailer and I are well alive at 35!

Photos can be seen at:  http://www.vintageairstream.com/archives/index.html

W.F. Julian
1966 Globetrotter