[VAC] Average age

My husband and I were 53 when we bought our first Airstream, 1958   24  ft. It was 18 years old and we thought maybe we wouldn't be welcome at Airstream functions.  That wasn't true,most members of WBCCI made us feel very welcome.  Now my Bambi is 40 years old and I love it!

When we joined the Oregon Unit in 1977 there were five families with teen age kids.  Once they put on  whole rally, by themselves, for us.  One is Past Pres. of the Eastern Oregon Unit, one is looking for a trailer for himself, one married a Doctor and  lives in Wisconsin now and owns an Airstream.  We even had two of the kids grow up to marry. I just remembered another one that had ,with her husband, their own. Most of the second generation Streamers either have one or wish they did.  At one time we had three generations in our unit.  Each had the one handed down from the generation before.

I will watch for pictures of these kids.  Leroy and Florence Wallis, Past International President from our Unit went to Mexico one summer with three kids,  in a new 1961 Bambi pulled by a VW bus.  The youngest was about a year old.  Their oldest catered our dinner at Brooks a couple of weeks ago.

There is a lot of history out there.  We also have the large history books of our unit from very early.  Our unit was formed in 1959.  There are no charter members now, the last one died about a year ago.  We do have some second generation Streamers

Just to spoil your average, I celebrated my 78th Birthday two weeks ago.  It just shows that an A/S will keep you going.  Remember? I drove the Bambi to Panama last winter.

Kathy #17792