[VAC] Re: Vintage AS sighting in Wyoming

Just out of curiosity, I'd like to re-post this information. I'm not looking
to recover it, just interested in where it ended up -

In 1980 or thereabouts, I'd 'rented' my 1965 Globetrotter to my neighbor in
the Santa Monica trailer park where i'd been living... he needed the extra
space for his sheepdog - a 'movie dog' - whose annual income usually
exceeded both of ours combined. At some point, my friend took pity on a
young couple who were saving up to move to alaska and let them stay in the
GT. One morning not long after, he looked outside, and the Airstream was
gone.

I don't remember the s/n, it had no WBCCI numbers, and the only identifying
feature that may have survived the decades intervening is that i'd replaced
the doorknob with a simple keyed (Schlage) brushed steel deadbolt.

Whenever I see a GT, I always look for the doorknob first.

Oh, and if the nameplate's still on it, it's also identified as a "Land
Yacht" and "Travel-Twin"...

Tuna