[VAC] Re: Lock for '71 Safari

There is probably a Bargman to fit. Just with a round knob outside
instead of the Airstream bar handle and needs to be rebuilt with a long
tongue. The pieces, separately, cost me about $65 at the Airstream
Dealer at St. Louis a year or so ago. I've not yet put them in. I took
my original lock apart and got the internal locking to work. On mine
there's a little button inside that locks. Unlocks at a touch of the
inside handle. I plan to add a deadbolt some day. I'll mount it in the
wall rather than the door. There's a Caravel in Dallas modified that way
and it works better than finding along through to fit in the door and
clear the screen and be accessible through the small opening in the
screen.

Gerald J.