[VAC] Airstream Blue

Hi Jeanavive & Chris,

Scott's comment is what many vintage owners have done, myself included. I
cleaned and buffed each wheel and then sprayed the wheels silver chrome.

While each wheel was off, I cleaned and buffed each of the axle ends and the
outside few inches of the hub,  then hand painted the axle ends and hubs
(where it would be visible with the wheel back on) with blue paint (random
selection).  It was an oil based paint and it covered the grey steel with a
smooth shiny finish.

After liking how everything looked, I decided to continue by painting the
trim strip with the same blue (around the wheel housings and front/back of
trailer).  This was easy because the trim strip was indented. Using a brush,
I could make a perfectly straight line. The color is not original, but it
looks sharp to me and I'm the only one I was trying to please.

If I see another hue of blue that I like better, I'll give everything a
second coat and treat this first coat as though it was primer.

Terry
mailto:tylerbears@airstream.net