[VAC] Anyone for stripping....

I am trying to button up all the external stuff before the rains come.   I just got my wrap windows on, next is the A/C install.  These were some pretty big holes!

Now I want to go over all the vents and window tops, doors,  trim, etc... with vulkum and gutter seal.

However, I was reading that when you strip the outside you have to reseal everything before the polish.  So, should I strip the outside, then reseal even though I won't be trying to polish it for a long time.  Maybe over a year.

What is best to strip it with?  How do you seal the seams of the panels?

I don't want to worry about leaks when the rains come.

Thanks for the info!

-Tim