[VAC] hello from a newbie, help-belly pan repair

We just joined VAC...the thought that other people are restoring these trailers is encouraging ! We "rescued" our 1971 Safari on July 4th, 2001 and the work needed is almost as bad as the "Dave and Karla" one pulled from the "swamp"on the vintage airstream site. I have been almost living in the thing, working on it.  And if I am not inside it , I am out buying things for it.  We are going to customize it rather than restore, an agonizing decision but there is just too much to be done.  The mice and squirrels were partying in there for alot of years. In fact, some of them died in there ! The dead mice made me squemish but when I lifted up the foam mattress and found the decaying squirrel...I had to have my husband get that.  I have six (yes, six) sons and they were fascinated but I was not amused. I have a baby daughter too, but she is too little to care about any mortician duty.     Between the plywood floor and the belly pan was six inches of solid mice nests, made from insulation they chewed and about one billion shredded pinecones.  I removed six garbage bags of it and now there is just the belly pan showing( we ripped up the floor too ).  Don't worry, I disinfected everything that is left, which is axles, frame, and skin, (just kidding , but almost !)
Question :   The belly pan on our trailer is in holey shape.  We dropped it off, cleaned it , new insulation, etc..etc.. and washer/tec screw to put it back on.  Problem is now the holes, here , there , and everywhere.  All kinds of sizes and places. Like one the size of my hand right in the middle of the sheet metal.  Lots of bent places along the banana wrap where it gaps.  Do we patch it with a piece of aluminum and then vulkem it  ?  Will vulkem cover a two inch gap between the belly pan and the banana wrap ?  If I really glop lots on ?  I DON"T want the MICE back !
Thanks, Carrie Welch