[VAC] Re: 1967 Caravel

It's really hard to assess the values without a thorough examination -
you guessed correctly.  With the right conditions, that would be fair
prices.  More info on that at :
http://www.VintageAirstream.com/rr_topics_pricevscondition.html

When we bought the '65 Caravel, were were also evaluating a '72
Globetrotter.  What swayed us was the all wood cabinets, lack of '70's
tambour doors and vinyl wall coverings on the older trailer.  That's
just us though.

Layout wise, you get a true bath tub base with the GT, and depending on
layout more closet space or a dinette.  The sleeping arrangements are
the same, but there is a little more space between the two folded down
beds on the GT.  In essence, the GT was the Caravel, but with just 2
more ft of elbow room inside.  Weight wise they are very close, and can
be towed with the same vehicle.

If it were me, and I had to make a choice right then, I'd go with the
one in the best condition.  That's only if you walk in and feel at home
with the layout and interior.  Avoid the the "well, we can always rip
out and replace the "......."", because it will only cost you buckets
money and dissatisfaction in the long run.

Best of luck,
RJ
'65 Caravel
'57 Flying Cloud