[VAC] Re: 1967 Caravel

I tow my '68 Caravel with a '98 F-150 with the small V-8, 5 speed manual
transmission and 4.10 gears and I get 15 mpg at 50 mph. An automatic
transmission wouldn't need the 4.10 gears, and probably the V-6 has
nearly as much guts as the small V-8. The small V-8 has to run fast to
produce horsepower which it does smoothly. I use a load equalizing hitch
to keep truck and trailer level.

I may have gone a little overboard for the Caravel with the 4.10 gears
but now the truck is far more capable of moving farm machinery about
when I need to do that with it.

Gerald J.