[VAC] Had to go with plexiglass

The front two windows on my '71 Safari were broken when I purchased it.

I got the frames out and cleaned up and took them to a local platics place
that does custom fab work.

I wanted to use Lexan since thats what have been reading about in the list
archives as a better choice.

They said they could not do it with Lexan because of the bend in the
windows.  All they could use is plexiglass.  And that plexiglass will turn
yellow after 5-10 years.  The charge is only $40 for both windows so I am
having to go with plexiglass.

Has anyone else used plexiglass with satisfactory results?

Has anyone ordered factory replacements?  Inland RV wants $295 for EACH
window.  Does anyone know if these are glass or plexiglass?

How can I make my plexiglass last?

Next time I think I will just take the frames to a metal shop and have a
piece of aluminum cut for it and vulkum it in place and forget about it.

-Tim