[VAC] '84 Airstream Refrigerator Replacement

Charlie Burke and others,

I bought a nice '84 A/S 31' from a good friend several months ago for a good
price.  My friend put what he called a "cool pack", apparently a rebuilt
cooling unit, in the refrigerator several years ago while he owned it.  When
I left home with it in late March for the WDCU Cherry Blossom Rally the
refrigerator cooled very well but on the return trip, it began to warm up.
Since then, it will cool on maximum using either 110 vac or propane but
freezer temperature is 12.8 degrees and the box is about 48 degrees.
Clearly not adequate.

I have a couple of quotes to have it replaced which are fair, but I'm
thinking about buying a new Dometic RM 2820 and install it myself.  It
doesn't look very difficult to simply remove the old one and slide the new
one in and save myself several hundred dollars.

How big a job is it?  Would you please give me a little advice on how to
remove the old refrigerator?

All information and advice will be appreciated.

Harvey Barlow