[VAC] Re: Boosting Horsepower

Reasons I have a K&N filter on "every" vehicle I own...(except, my Whizzer
motor bike replica I just bought. It will get one too , as soon as I find one
for it)

1... it's the last filter you will ever buy  {{{>:oD>
2...your motor will breath better, thus giving you a couple extra ponies
under the hood (don't expect your head to snap back when you step on the gas
, unless you can already do that)
3...they take much longer to get dirty (great for people like me who
procrastinate on motor maintainence)
4...when it finally does get dirty. You just wash it with a little filter
cleaner and/or dish soap and water , let dry , apply a little filter oil, put
back on motor and forget about it for another zillion miles.
Warning.....If you have your motor serviced at a place that offers"complete"
filter replacement when servicing you vehicle....make sure to tell them to
keep thier hands OFF your air filter. Some off the folks who work some
service facilities are happy to take off your dirty , clogged K&N and put a
papper filter in it's place. Then when you leave put it on their motor. The
attempt has been made on my car more than once.
                                                   Trike

PS....The performace exsauhst "will" make a difference....your motor will
thank you , because it can "BREATH" You will also "feel" those extra ponies.
You may have to retune your carburator , but no big deal. It may also give
you a mile or two per gallon , if you can keep your foot off the gas after
hearing that nice sweet rumble of power your motor will have.