[VAC] Larry Huttle, President of Airstream Company

Hello,
This was sent to me by the pres of my local chapter.  I thought some of you
might be interested in reading it.

Chuck

 At 3 pm we drove back to the Convention Center just 1.7 miles to hear the
CEO of Airstream Larry Huttle give us his state of the Airstream Company
address. He announced that today he brought us a 26 foot motor home just
finished this week. A new product for a different market.  They have
discontinued the Gas motor home series  Fords and will be introducing a new
Workhorse chassis and a new Chevy motor and Allison Transmission shortly.
Better gas mileage and 50 more horse power than the 454 Chevy. I think he
called it the 8.0 liter motor. Nothing to be built by Airstream over 39 feet
long.  More light weight trailers for smaller SUV's and mini vans to be
introduced for a new market. The Mattel Toy Co. will be marketing the Match
Box miniature of a Suburban pulling an Airstream this July. Look for it at
Toys R US.  Larry Huttle told us this was his 15th address he has made to the
WBCCI.  Larry Huttle then gave away $5,000.00 in door prizes via a drawing.
No one in the Central Penna Unit was lucky. I got to speak to two Factory
Representatives about the separation and plastic coating problem and they
took my location number and address up my cell phone.  They assured me that
it can be fixed and asked me several questions.  The bicycle mounted on the
rear is not helping the front end separation.  They suggest no added weight
to the rear area. They did explain in detail how the trailer is built using
an aluminum rail routed into the 3/4 inch plywood floor a heavy aluminum rail
flange the coach is then riveted with a heavy gauge rivet.  Possibly not
enough rivets he mentioned alligator clamps and a steel plate located in the
front are some of the methods they use to make the repair. The repair should
be made for under $1,000.00. They also suggested a painter for the trailer is
Carrera Design in Elkhart, Indiana.  These are the people that paint the
Airstream motor homes for the Airstream Company.