[VAC] Re: Interior colors

Zolatone wasn't "invented" until 1952, and Airstream was one of the
first users.  The colors have pretty all much been variations of 3 base
colors, with the flecks varying over the years.  The base colors were
light gray, tan & light green. Any of the current light background
colors would look right at home on a complete reapplication.
http://www.zolatoneaim.com

As for the '47 -'51's trailers, tan and light ("tender") green seem to
be the colors of the era. You should be able to match the existing color
with flat automotive paints. Tom Reed has captured the green color on
his 1950 Trailwind:
http://www.vintageairstream.com/archives1/'50Trailwind.html
I need to update the page with some better resolution images I took at
the last VAC rally, but you can get the idea.

RJ
VintageAirstream.com