[VAC] Re: Towing with a U-Haul

This may not work for you, but what I did when I bought
my 27' Overlander was to sell my '87 Aerostar 5-Speed
3.0 ltr, which was totally inadequate for the job, and
bought a '90 Aerostar Automatic 4.0 ltr which already
had a towing package.  I paid about $800 more for the
newer van than I sold the older one for, but the fact
that it already had a hitch on it made it worth it.  It
also has about 50K miles less.  Also, since the '90 is
still a little light for the job, I only used it to move
the A/S home and then to a close storage lot while I'm
restoring it.  My on the highway tow vehicle will
probably be a Dodge Durango, but is still a few years
away, (although my wife wants a Hummer).

You can check out the pix on our website at:
http://home.att.net/~smgm

Look under the "Projects" tab.

Gary Murrell
1970 27' Overlander