[VAC] Re: Old horizontal LPG tanks

Well, yes and no. Worthington doesn't make horizontal tanks as I recall. The
supplier to the RV industry is Manchester. The motorhome side mounted tanks do
have a bulk fill fitting that has an Overfill Protection Device (a float
shutoff) built into it. They have for over 10 years that I know of. The
semantics however are that the horizontal tank device is just that, overfill
protection. On the DOT vertical tanks OPD stands for a whole series of changes
built into the valve including flow restrictor, low outlet pressure shutoff, and
overtemperture shutoff.

Charlie