[VAC] Re: Old horizontal LPG tanks

         I'll throw in my $.02 here- there are two kinds of LP tanks- the
frame mounted (permanent) ASME tanks- such as are used on Motor homes, and
horizontal DOT cylinders, which are "lay down" versions of the upright
portable cylinders we all know and love.

         These DOT cylinders are the ones that are subject to the new OPD
valve regulations, and as far as I know (which may not still be correct)-
nobody makes replacement OPD valves for these horizontal cylinders- but
they do make new cylinders.And yes- they are different than the upright
cylinders- they have a tube in the valve that just draws vapor, and not liquid.

         So-- don't go out and buy an old lay down cylinder- as you will
not be able to have it filled after April 1, 2002- and you would be
throwing your money away.

________

         Chris Bryant