[VAC] cleaning miracle and a question

We have gutted at 76 Tradewind and I have been cleaning the ceiling
walls, overheads, etc.........for days............. They are covered
with a thick sticky yellow and grime colored goo. I doubt the previous
owners ever wiped a surface and they probably smoked and deep fried
dinner every night. You get the picture.  Filth like I have not seen
before.  When we viewed the unit it was not obvious. I just thought the
surfaces were yellow in color........I did not touch them.

I tried 409, Fantastic, Bleach (40% in water), amonia and some came off
but not enough for to continue with these methods.

I bought Citrus cleaner by Zep from Home Depot. It is taking it all off
with little elbow grease.  Any cleaner that posts a warrning that it is
combustible has got to be good and it is.  Many of you must know this
but I thought I'd pass this along to those that may not. Run, do not
walk, to buy this if you are trying to get the walls and ceiling clean.

My question: I am removing the contact paper on all surfaces. Even if I
liked it, it would have to come off. Most is bubbled and lifting in many
places. Some is adhered so tightly I may never get it off.  In some
places it leaves glops of glue. I can paint over the sticky residue just
fine but I want the lumps off. Anyone know an efficient way to deal with
this?

Thanks, Gwen