[VAC] Argosy Trim

First, thanks to those on the list who have answered my previous questions
about headroom, Argosy painting, etc.  Especially Wayne Moore with headroom
info and Dan Weeks and Roy Lashway with help on Argosy paint.  Last week I
bought a 1973 Argosy 22 and am just getting started on the process of
"bringing it back" to something that's usable.

This one has been repainted over the original off-white and the new color is
peeling in several spots.  I have started to strip it and start over with
the paint.  That is underway and going as well as can be expected.

I have three questions for the list - two on Argosy trim and one on tires.

1.  I have the original paint code for the main Argosy color.  Still
undecided about whether to use that or a whiter white to match our Tahoe tow
vehicle.  In stripping the trailer I found that what I thought was a black
insert in the beltline trim really has a plastic wood grain underneath
(similar to what they used to use on high line station wagons in the
1960's).  Was that normal on the Argosy model?  It appears that the hitch
area was originally the Argosy off-white (at least it is under about three
coats of black and gray).  Can someone tell me what was the normal belt line
trim and also the color of the lower pieces (bananna skins?) and the molding
above them and also the hitch frame.

2.  The narrow plastic edge trim that covers the ceiling piece and other
edges around the front window interior has become discolored and brittle.
Any idea of where I can find a good substitute?  Its perhaps 1/4" on the
inside and 1/2" on the backside and was once flexible.

3.  At least initially we are towing it with a 1999 Tahoe and regular Reece
load distributing hitch with a single friction type sway control.  Worked
fine for the 150 miles home.  I need to replace the tires.  Sounds like most
of you are using radials.  I have read that bias tires with their stiffer
side walls might be a good choice to help control sway.  Any experiences to
share on this?

Thanks in advance for the help.  Looking forward to participating on the
list!

Keith Williams
1973 Argosy
Moline Illinois